Did you see the new updates Instagram just released yet?
Instagram has been busy these last few months and has already released some pretty major updates that you should know about for 2016. One of the updates is a really important security update that you definitely need to set up right away.
Watch the video below for easy to follow steps and tips for setting up or using these 3 Instagram Updates
Protect Your Account With Instagram Two Factor Authentication
Sadly over the past year many large Instagram accounts were lost due to hackers… Which is why I am super excited to announce that Instagram recently came out with a new update adding Two Factor Authentication.
Basically this adds a two layer security protection to your account so that each time you login you will receive and text message with a security code that must be entered to login.
This will ensure that no one can login to your account without you being notified and without the security code that will be sent to your phone.
I highly recommend that you turn on Two Factor Authentication and here’s how:
- Go to your settings (it’s the three prong looking thing on your profile page upper right corner).
- Then you’ll see two factor authentication tap on it and turn it on.
- You’ll then get a text message with your verification code to enter.
- Enter your verification code.
Switch between 5 Instagram Accounts
I am really excited about this new feature since before you had to login and out to switch between multiple Instagram accounts. I am so glad Instagram decided to add this function and if you have multiple accounts you'll definitely love it!
To add multiple Instagram accounts:
Go to your profile and tap settings at the top right Scroll down and tap Add Account Enter the username and password of the account you'd like to add
To switch between accounts you've added:
Go to your profile Tap your username at the top of the screen Tap the account you'd like to switch to.
Note: In the video I said 3 Instagram accounts and it is actually 5.
New Instagram App – Boomerang
This is another fun app that Instagram just introduced that creates little 2 second videos that basically makes your images come to life.
How to use:
Simply search for Boomerang in your app store then just hold the record button to create your very own 2 second video.
Be sure to watch the video above to get more tips on how to use all 3 of these new updates for your business.
Not seeing these updates yet?
Two Factor Authentication was rolled out in January for Android and in February for iOs. The update for switching between accounts was added early February for Android and I just looked on my iPad and it says the update was released for iOs on February 16th.
Sometimes updates can be a little tricky with different devices and demographics even. If you're still not seeing one of them you can try triggering it yourself.
- Check to make sure your Instagram is up to date – by going into your app store and searching for Instagram. It will usually say “UPDATE” if you need to update. Also make sure that you have updates turned on so you get them automatically. Every device is different so if you are not sure how to turn on Automatic Updates simply ask Google.
- Restart Your Device – This will sometimes refresh the app so if you are not seeing the update yet it might show up by powering your device on and off.
- Try uninstalling and reinstalling your Instagram App – Sometimes this fixes any bugs with the update so if you are still not seeing one of the updates this could just fix the problem.
- If none of the above work – Sometimes updates are not rolled out to everyone all at once. It could just be your demographics or that your device is running an old operating system. There's not much you can do in this case but be patient or maybe it's time for a new device with the latest Android or iOs operating system.
I hope you enjoy these new Instagram updates as much as I do. Instagram is my favorite social platform and I love that they are always making things better.
Let's hear from you – Which Instagram update is your favorite?
I am loving them all but I think that being able to switch between accounts without having to sign in is my favorite. Of course Two Factor Authentication I think is the most important of them all and I highly recommend everyone go and set that up right away.
Leave me your feedback and questions in the comments below…
–April Marie Tucker
Got value from this post? Then we would LOVE for you to comment below and share on FaceBook…Research has shown that as you share this MLSP blog post & comment below, the universe will bring amazing things to your life.