What purpose do testimonials actually play in your marketing? Are they there to push the skeptic over the edge? Testimonials are nothing new in business and most product advertisements on television and radio ads are created in the format of testimonials. I think there is something here to learn from traditional media’s common use of testimonials.
Testimonials Create Credibility for you and your business. We can talk about how awesome we are or how great our product/service is until we are blue in the face. However, when someone else speaks about you there is trust, attraction and credibility factor that is produced because you are not the one singing your own praises. What I love about testimonials is…
Testimonials Let others Do the Selling For You
What should be included in testimonials?
- Avoid Using a Script – give someone a rough outline of what you would like. It’s important to be authentic as people can smell a phony from miles away.
- Ask open-ended questions
- Be authentic
4 Key Areas
- Who They Are – Say your name, what you do for a living
- Challenge or Problem – Share the challenge or problem you were having before using the product or service. It’s great to feelings, emotions, and even share some or your logic or thoughts you were having here.
- Why They Chose You/Product/Service
- Results – Since meeting Mr. John Doe or since using XYZ product.service – Share what your experience has been and the results you are having. The best kind of results to share are things that are tangible like commissions images, a picture of results, a skinny person holding up their old fat pants, and anything that demonstrates change/ before and after.
The best time to ask for a testimonial is immediately after your work is done or after a client/customer seen a great result. While results are fresh in the mind of your customer they are in a great position to communicate their positive experience.
For example, I coach entrepreneurs on generating leads, making sales, and building their brands online. When one of my clients has a breakthrough or big result that is when I will share in their excitement and also ask for a testimonial video or picture.
Let’s hear one of your testimonials? Can you post a comment below sharing a testimonial or even a YouTube link to a video you shot?
– Ron Gelok
Got value from this post? Then we would LOVE for you to comment below and share on FaceBook…Research has shown that as you share this MLSP blog post & comment below, the universe will bring amazing things to your life.