What is a Lead Magnet?
A Lead Magnet is an irresistible bribe offering a specific chunk of value to a prospect in exchange for their contact information.
The point of the Lead Magnet is to maximize the number of targeted leads you are getting for an offer.
The goal of your lead magnet is to deliver value. What can you show, teach or give to your
potential subscribers that will give them unbelievable value – a piece of information or
something else so good they will rush to finish typing in their email address.
Don’t promise something general like “How to Make More Money”.
That’s not specific enough to make someone want to opt in with their email, but “5 Ways to Make $500 This Weekend With No Upfront Costs”? Now that would interest someone enough to want that information ASAP. Remember to be specific as well as emotionally compelling.
Here are 21 Proven Lead Magnet Ideas you can add to your blog today to start getting quality fresh leads daily.
1. Email Course – You can create a series of emails that teach your new subscriber about a
particular topic. The Idea is to attract people who will eventually buy your product or service.
2. List Of Tools/Toolkit or Resources – Just find the tools, resources and other useful things you can use that pertain to your topic and compile a big list.
3. Chapter Of A Book – If you have created a book or ebook give a snippet of a chapter or two.
By reading this, your reader can decide to purchase your book.
4. Video Or Video Series – Get them to opt in to watch a video or training series you have
created. If it makes sense and you have the skillset, video can be a very effective way to deliver on your Lead Magnet.
5. Guide, Report or Ebook Download – Reports and Guides are amongst the most common types of
Lead Magnets. If you have some type of report or ebook that will give value to your audience this will help to build your email list.
6. Software or Plugin – If you wanted to create a plugin or software to give away.
Software companies often offer a Free Trial of their software as a Lead Magnet.
7. Audio Interview – Interview an Expert or popular blogger in your niche or create a set of
exclusive interviews that only subscribers have access to.
8. Daily or Weekly Tips (Email Newsletter) – If you are good at giving advice or tips for
your specific niche you may want to give daily or weekly tips by email.
9. Discount or Limited Time Offer – If you're selling a physical or digital product you can
offer your customers a discount or limit time offer for opting in. Great way to be able to
offer them future offers on future products as well.
10. Webinar or Teleseminar – Get people to opt-in to register for an upcoming webinar for
your Business or one of the MLSP Webinars.
11. How To Audio Training – Get them to opt in for an audio training that they can download
and take with them on the go.
12. Membership Site or a private Facebook group – If you have a membership site or FB Group if may be a good idea to offer free to join where they can learn a specific skill that may help them in their business.
13. A half hour consultation with you. This one is excellent for coaches.
14. A coupon (if you’re a retailer or a local business, this is for you). Coupons can be for 10% off, for free shipping, for a free cup of coffee… you get the idea.
15. Free tickets to a special event (best for local businesses).
16. Free samples. This isn’t for everyone, but if you can affordably ship a small sample to people, (like a guest package of tea), this can be a great way to get people’s email address AND their mailing address.
17. Offer a giveaway or let people enter a contest or sweepstakes.
18. Offer a “swipe file” – a collection of templates that people can tailor to their own use. For example, an email marketing swipe file, a query letter swipe file, or an affiliate’s advertising swipe file.
19. Cheat Sheet/Handout – Cheat sheets and handouts work well. They are generally very short (one page or so) and cut straight to an ultra-specific point. You can deliver these as checklists, mind maps or “blueprints.”
20. Quiz/Survey – A quiz or survey, the results of which are delivered via email, can be a very engaging way to generate new leads.
21. MLSP Products – This only makes sense if you are a part of this Community to offer the MLSP Products in your back office to get leads. This may be the #1 Lead Magnet in my personal opinion, especially if you are just getting started with your blog and don't have your own lead magnets yet!.
These are 21 proven lead magnet ideas that you can add to your blog depending upon your niche. There are of course many others that can be added to this list as well. Comment below if you have any others or you received value from this post.
Did you get value from this post? If so, please comment below and like & share on Facebook. Research shows that good things happen to people who share this post. 🙂