Did you know that not all kinds of website traffic is created equal? You could have a ton of people coming to your website and not make any sales or commissions. Entrepreneurs often think that they, “just need more traffic,” or “just need more people to see my offers.” This is a misconception because getting more traffic to your website is actually the easy part but not always the solution. In today’s post I’m going to teach the 3 different kinds of traffic and which kinds of traffic will produce sales.
To learn more about getting more leads and sales on your website register for our Weekly Wednesday trainings by Clicking Here.
3 Kinds of Website Traffic
A simple definition of traffic is: the number of visitors to a website or web page. 3 Different kinds of traffic are needed to build any business online. You must understand who is coming to your website as they are all in different phases of the buying cycle.
- Cold Traffic – This traffic does not know who you are and is being exposed to your brand for the 1st time. Think of these visitors like meeting someone for the first time. 98% of cold traffic DOES NOT BUY on the 1st visit. They are in the research or learning mode of their given problem or interest. That being said it would be very wise to have a follow up system in place to convert this traffic into the next stage…
- Warm Traffic – This traffic has been exposed to you before and is in an evaluation stage of whether or not they will trust, engage, and buy from your brand. Maybe they have visited one of your pages, read a blog post, or follow you on Facebook but have not opted in to your website or made a purchase.
- Hot Traffic – This traffic knows you well and has made a purchase from you at least once. This traffic loves you and is engaged with your brand, message, products, and services. Think of this traffic as a conversion stage. This is the traffic that will make you the most money. This is where everyone wants to get to but there are some steps to turn your traffic to this point.
As you can see not all traffic is created equal. If you want to sell products and services its going to be a lot easier to sell to Hot Traffic. BUT! Without first getting cold traffic to your site it will never convert to warm, and never get Hot. I accelerate this process with my personal 1 on 1 coaching clients so they can build their brands fast.
Think of Cold Traffic as new blood for an online business. Now if your practicing what MLSP teaches about generating traffic you’ll find that generating web traffic is the easiest part of an online business. There really are no traffic problems there are only “offer problems.” Your offers to the people who are coming to your website need to be congruent with their wants, needs, and problems and offer a valuable solution in order for your online business to work. Now if you are just starting out and do not have your own offers, do not let that stop you. MLSP has hundreds of existing offers you can make to your web visitors that are already converting and working well. Let’s dive into the different kinds of offers you should making to people at each stage of the online buying cycle.
Offers To Make to 3 Different Kinds of Website Traffic
Cold Traffic Offers
- Blog posts
- Social media updates
- Content videos – youtube, blog, etc
- Lead Magnets (needs to be super super valuable) something tangible is best
- Quiz/ Survey
- White papers
- Free+shipping offers
Warm Traffic Offers
- Lead Magnets
- Free or Paid Webinars
- Flash Sales/ Low Dollar Offers
- Product Demo
- Branding Videos (especially if you know you have competitors) **testimonial videos
- Book (free or paid) (most platforms hate Free + shipping offers)
- Free Trials
Hot Traffic Offers
- Live Events
- VIP Days
- Paid webinars
- High Ticket dollar offers
- Done for you services
When you understand the value of each type of traffic your online business can become more systematized and automated. Do you have a follow up system in place for each type of traffic? Do you have a clear plan on how to monetize your current website traffic? Are you not getting any traffic and need to learn how?
==> Click Here To Take The MLSP 10 Day Test Drive <==
Learn All About Making Sales to The Right Kinds of Traffic with The Right Offers
What did you learn about website traffic today? Please leave a comment below and share this article on social media. (Did you know MLSP allows its members to earn commissions by sharing this article?)
– Ron Gelok
Got value from this post? Then we would LOVE for you to comment below and share on FaceBook…Research has shown that as you share this MLSP blog post & comment below, the universe will bring amazing things to your life.